Divided into two campuses, the University of Nebraska – Omaha has plenty to explore.
- The campus itself is situated in the heart of Omaha, allowing for access to everything Omaha has to offer.
- The unique partnership between the University and the City creates a unique learning experience for students.
- The University of Nebraska - Omaha's athletic teams compete in NCAA Division 1 sports. When in town, catch a game!
Creighton University is the largest private religious university in the state of Nebraska.
- Creighton began as a small Jesuit college in 1875 consisting of 120 students but has now grown into a well-recognized college of 8,000+ students.
- It is one of only 28 Jesuit colleges in the United States.
- The Creighton Bluejays compete in NCAA Division 1 in the Big East Conference. Make sure to catch a game when you are in town!
Located in the capital of the state of Nebraska, the University of Nebraska – Lincoln is the state’s oldest university and is the flagship campus in the University of Nebraska system.
- Nebraska’s athletic teams compete in NCAA Division 1 sports and are members of the Big Ten Conference.
- Nebraska’s football stadium, Memorial Stadium, has a capacity of up to 92,000 cheering fans, larger than the population of Nebraska’s third largest city.
Cornhuskers 2017 Football Schedule
Sept. 2: Arkansas State
Sept. 9: at Oregon
Sept. 16: Northern Illinois
Sept. 23: Rutgers
Sept. 29: at Illinois
Oct. 7: Wisconsin
Oct. 14: Ohio State
Oct 28: at Purdue
Nov. 4: Northwestern
Nov. 11: at Minnesota
Nov. 18: at Penn State
Nov. 24: Iowa
*Bold denotes home game
Eat Like A Local
Based on the principles of clean eating and farm to table food, this crave-worthy street fare is an Omaha favorite. Stick to the classics, or try one of their more ambitious creations, Block 16 won’t disappoint.
The Grey Plume
A locavore-inspired, New American style eatery serving up refined dishes. Be sure to try a charcuterie board prepared with local artisanal cheeses and house-cured meats.
Authentic slow smoked barbecue makes Hartland an Omaha favorite. This small operation is all about the barbecue and they let their food speak for itself.
This contemporary American-style gastropub serves up something for everyone. Grab a burger and a beer and relax in the lively atmosphere at Leadbelly.
An upscale American style cuisine paired with specialty cocktails and a varied assortment of wines.
Phat Jack’s BBQ
This hometown mom and pop barbecue joint serves generous portions of award winning Kansas City style barbecue with classic sides.